Friday 18 January 2013

Titanic with Tigers


The other night, I got around to seeing Life of Pi and, oh wow,
Woooooooooooooow.
I think that's the finest literary synopsis I can offer. It was such a beautiful movie; everything was absolutely breathtaking from the stunning cinematography to the really magical music. I also loved the story which felt unusually full and affecting (I think it took a good half an hour after the movie to fully grasp it, though, because I was too busy being amazed by fluorescent water and whales and tigers and zebras- oh, my!). It's quite a spiritual and wondrous kind of story, though I guess with a main character who follows three religions at once, it'd be unusual for it not to be. Simply put, Life of Pi was definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen; just extraordinary.

Sometimes you have the weirdly amazing luck to be a part of things that make you just sit there, sort of wonderstruck by pleasure and awe. There's this sequence in the movie that was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, where Pi looks over the edge of the boat and into the water and sees stars and whales and a girl all merging from one thing to the next like a kaleidoscope - I can't really describe it, but it was so gorgeous I couldn't really process the next ten minutes of the film properly. It was so amazing, I forgot how much I hate 3D and how irritating wearing two pairs of glasses is.


Oh, the perks of being visually impaired.




2 comments:

  1. Ahhahaa your paint-ing skills are certainly improving!!! I really want to go see Life of Pi now!! I hear it has two stories in one or something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to master it some day!
      Yeah, it's fantastic. It is like that ^_^ Em just got the book cause she's studying it for English this year so hopefully I'm just going to steal it off her afterwards...

      Delete